Naturopathic doctors in Arizona offer a wide variety of treatments - all designed to work very specifically to your unique set of symptoms and/or conditions. While every naturopathic doctor has a slightly different approach, our naturoapthic doctors are dedicated to:
- Working closely with the needs of their patients.
- Identifying the root cause of your symptoms and/or conditions.
- Developing a unique treatment plan for your specific needs.
- Using the least invasive most effective treatment options available.
These are the context through which your treatment plan will be developed.
Treatments Offered by Naturopathic Doctors, Arizona
There are three general categories under which most treatments fall: nutritional, physical and body-based, and hormonal. The following is a list of typical holistic treatments your naturopathic doctor may use:
You're familiar with the expression, "you are what you eat"; there has never been an era where this was more true. Chemical pesticides, soil depletion, and processed foods have contributed to a myriad of physical and mental ailments in unsuspecting victims. Your naturopathic doctors in Arizona will evaluate your health and diet in relation to your ailment. Their suggestions will increase your overall nutritional intake, decipher potential food allergies, eliminate foods which are known to increase inflammation, and help detoxify your body. With an optimized diet, other nutritional treatments may include:
- Herbal Treatments. Herbs have been used for millennia to work naturally with the body and heal imbalances. Your naturopathic doctors will use centuries of medical research/knowledge by which to base customized herbal treatments.
- Nutraceuticals. This is a technical term, which includes herbal treatments, other plant-based nutritional supplements, and specific nutrients which require no laboratory chemical synthesis for their production. They are 100% natural and designed to work with your body.
- Vitamin Therapy. Vitamin therapy is more than just a recommendation for over-the-counter vitamin supplements. Specialized doses may be required and your doctor may also recommend IV Nutrient Therapy or vitamin injections for maximum absorption/benefit.
Physical and Body-based
Naturopathic doctors recognize the strong mind-body connection. Body-based therapies work to integrate these two systems in order to achieve healthful balance.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to work with the body's energetic forces - whether it is to reduce blockages or increase/decrease the flow. Acupuncture works to relieve the symptoms by effecting the underlying energetic imbalance. From allergies to hormone imbalances and cancer, acupuncture is a proven healing agent.
- Massage/Yoga/Breathing. In addition to acupuncture, there are a myriad of body-based practices which your naturopathic doctor may recommend to provide relief and enhance your other holistic treatments.
- Crainiosacral Therapy. A treatment founded by osteopathic physician John Upledger, this treatment works by realigning the subtle rhythm in the cerebrospinal fluid. The therapist places their hands on various places of the body, mainly the head, to do this. Most patients describe it as very relaxing. Research shows the relaxing effect works though the endocannabinoid system.
- Physical Therapy. Physical ailments often require physical therapy to rehabilitate the injury. This can be a combination or stretches, exercises, hydrotherapy, and muscle energy stretching.
Hormone imbalances cause a wide variety of symptoms which can be treated using hormone therapy. Naturopathic doctors use bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) as a holistic way boost depleted hormones. This treatment helps eliminate uncomfortable and debilitating symptoms often associated with the aging process.