5 Ways to get Fibromyalgia Relief
The term "Fibromyalgia Relief" can seem like an oxymoron. Fibromyalgia is a condition that predominantly affects soft tissue layers: muscles, joints, tendons and connective tissues. As a result, people who suffer from fibromyalgia experience chronic pain and tenderness among other things. Associated symptoms can also include fatigue, insomnia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), depression, and anxiety. The medical world hasn't identified a true cause for fibromyalgia cause, leaving patient's frustrated and fibromyalgia relief limited.
Fortunately, fibromyalgia relief is available through holistic medicine. Holistic doctors
evaluate a patient's lifestyle and associated symptoms to identify the most appropriate therapies/treatments to reduce discomfort and prevent flare-ups.
Five Ways to Get Fibromyalgia Relief
1. Intravenous (IV) Nutrient Therapy. IV nutrient therapy ensures the body is sufficiently nourished. By ensuring the body has healthy levels of key nutrients such as B Vitamins, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin C, folic acid, etc., a naturopathic doctor provides a patient with a good foundation for healing. Evidence shows that chronic inflammation, which has been linked to fibromyalgia pain, can be reduced with adequate vitamin absorption.
2. Hormone Balancing. Fibromyalgia is most common in women between the ages of 20 - 50. Hormone imbalance symptoms have been associated with the side effects of fibromyalgia. Many symptoms of fibromyalgia and hormone imbalance are shared, such as headaches and migraines, insomnia, fatigue, heart palpitations, and memory and/or concentration problems. A homeopathic doctor can use bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (bHRT) to maintain healthy hormone balances and prevent fibromyalgia flare ups.
3. Examining the Diet. A person's diet is often overlooked in mainstream medical evaluations. However, dietary sensitivities to wheat, dairy, and red meat can have significant health effects. Things like caffeine and alcohol are also shown to increase the body's inflammatory response. People often become so acclimated to chronic discomfort that they do not make the connection between what they eat and direct physical side effects.
4. Acupuncture. Many symptoms of fibromyalgia are already proven to be relieved by acupuncture: insomnia, fatigue, inflammation, and chronic pain to name a few. Pain is known to disrupt energy flow. Acupuncture for fibromyalgia pain promotes balance, and stimulates the circulation of energy. Body tissues become energized and your body can facilitate healthy day-to-day function.
5. Stress Relief & Relaxation. Any instability in the body will be triggered when illness or stress sets in. The ability to remain centered and to diffuse stress can work wonders to maintain health. Stress can cause sleeplessness, sleep deprivation prevents healing, and the cycle continues. Naturopathic doctors can demonstrate relaxation techniques, which can be easily incorporated into daily life.
For more information on our holistic pain management options click on the link below for a free consultation with one of our holistic doctors.